Saturday, July 28, 2012

SOUPer Summer

It's HOT outside, y'all!  Each summer, Shawn and I question why we continue to live in Texas, but neither of us know anything else.  I don't think the first five years of my life in New York count, do you?  So, today, I beat the heat by thinking of the winter.  I made my own chicken stock (it's adds up and can get expensive in the grocery stores).  And it's super easy.  After my stock simmered for several hours, I added in my whole wheat noodles, veggies, chicken, and seasoning.  I made nine pints of chicken noodle soup and three pints of chicken stock...freezer ready!  I was so pleased with the fruits of labor today!  I follow the 100daysofrealfood.com site, religiously, and she defrosts the soup at night, warms it up in the morning, and puts it in the kids' thermoses for lunch that day.  I am so glad I have some healthy lunches ready for the kiddos during the winter!  

0 comments: