Friday, October 12, 2012

Gender Date Night

Typically, on a Friday night, the kids and I load up and go to the football game.  Tonight was a different kind of night.  Faith and I had a mommy-daughter, P.J. date night at the church.  I sent Jaxon with Shawn to the football game so he could hang out with his daddy in the pressbox.  

Faith and I had a great time, our evening started out by the both of us telling each other what fruit of the spirit we both displayed the best.  Then, all the mommies and daughters got up and sang songs and did hand motions.  The church provided a yummy dinner, catered in my McAlister's Deli, and they had a chocolate fountain with lots of fruit.  

Perhaps the most memorable moment of the evening was when Faith and I worked as a team to make a pillowcase for a helpless child in Mississippi, who doesn't even own a pillow.  The church will be providing these for the children, but now they will have pillowcases for their new pillow.   They will see God's Word each night before they lay their heads down.  These pillowcases will go in their stocking for Christmas, and I know these precious children will be ecstatic come Christmas morning.


Later on that evening, we met up with Shawn and Jaxon in Plano for the remainder of the football game.  We both enjoyed our gender-specific, date night with our kiddos.

0 comments: