Saturday, April 21, 2012

Date Night

Shame on us for not going on a date night in quite a while.  We were doing so good and then, just like our kids, our babysitters started growing up and going off to college.  I know tons of kids that could watch our babies, but I feel horrible asking them to drive to the sticks of Farmersville, if ya know what I mean.  Our family lives an hour away, but I feel awful having them drive here to babysit, and I don't want to drive to them, either.  Excuses, I know! Bad!  In our defense, we've been doing more date nights here at home after the kids go to bed, so that's been nice, and it just goes to show that you don't have to leave your house for it to count as a date.  But, tonight, we left our house.  ASI Gymnastics has a parent's night out the third Saturday of every month.  They feed the kids and I feel it's very inexpensive for what we normally pay a babysitter.  Tonight, we had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack in Plano, followed by dessert at Cheesecake Factory.  We walked around Watters Creek in Allen, listened to a band play for a while, and then the old lady in me got really tired...at 9:30!!  There are no words!  We picked up the kids and headed home to Farmersville.  It was a nice 2.5 hours with my best friend, and we really had a wonderful, adult conversation.  Here's a picture to document our kid-free evening.

0 comments: