Friday, May 25, 2012

Blackberry Pickin'

Oh how I love this new farm we discovered in Sanger, Texas.  It's about 45-minutes from McKinney and I love the little country drive out there.  We invited our friends, Miss Tina and Duncan to go along with us.  We got to ride in her fancy new SUV...the kids loved watching TV on the way there, and I was lovin' the air-conditioned seats.  We had fun harvesting the blackberries and admiring other parts of God's creation, as well.  We left with two gallons...four if you count what Tina and Duncan picked.  On the way home, Jaxon said, "Mom, why don't we have a car like Miss Tina...it's so cool with its TVs, fold-out table, and snacks that come with it."  I told him that we've had our SUV since before he was born, it's been paid off for a years now, and I'm keeping it until it is no longer driveable.  We had such a great evening and got home way past bedtime, but it was totally worth it. 






0 comments: