Thursday, July 12, 2012

If These Chairs Could Talk

Shortly after Shawn's nanny passed away in 2006, Shawn inherited some land and these two rocking chairs.  We always said we'd fix em' up and put them on our front porch one day.  These chairs hold sentimental value, as well, it's where we rocked the day away visiting with nanny for hours.  Nanny and Papaw rocked in these chairs decades before Shawn and I were even together.  When we had Faith and Jaxon we'd rock them to sleep outside in the cool breeze.  Oh, if these chairs could talk.

I decided one of my big, summer projects was going to be to sand the chairs down and paint over their walnut brown color.  I should have taken a before picture, but I forgot.  So, here's the finished product.  There's many more conversations to be had in these old chairs.



0 comments: