Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Models

So, the other day my sister calls me up and says, "Hey, I signed up Mason and Marilyn for a model search audition at Stonebriar Mall...you should totally come, too."  I was laughing and thinking to myself, this is definitely not my kind of thing, and I'm not this kind of mommy, but it could be fun.  If nothing at all, we would get in some good laughs and I would get to spend some time with my sister, niece and nephew.  So, I called up and got Faith and Jaxon put in the same time slots as their cousins.  All they told us on the phone was that they were looking for confidence, personality and stage presence.  We didn't even have to dress up if we didn't want to.  Today was the big day...I didn't coach my kids or anything, I just told them they'd be walking down the runway.  Faith asked if she could smile and that was the extent of our model training.

We met Gina and her kiddos at the Ice Skating Rink a couple hours before the audition, and we ate a snack and walked around the mall.



We don't even need an audition, we already know they're as precious as could be. :)

We listened for directions, the kids had scripts they had to memorize and everything.  They had to state their name, age, recite their script (they didn't make Jaxon do his for some reason), and do their thing on the runway.  Marilyn was first, followed by Mason and both did absolutely wonderful--we were hoopin' and hollerin' for em'.  Jaxon went next, I loved how he said his name and age with full confidence.  He walked down the runway, but instead of turning around and walking back (even with promptings), he just stayed there and decided he would check out the judges for a bit.  Faith...well, she did the same, EXACT thing, but she made her way back a little quicker. She kind of butchered her line, but it just added to all the fun and excitement. Gina and I died laughing...it was HILARIOUS! What can I say, they are both people watchers!

Both kiddos made it to the next round--the Photo Shoot!  They gave me Faith and Jaxon's score cards to review at this time as well.  Mason and Marilyn made it, too!  We had private conversation with a judge who talked to us about the importance of having a portfolio if I wanted our children to ever be picked up by an agency.  She broke out the photography packages with their pricing.  I was honest with the lady and told her that I wasn't interested in my kids modeling, that we were just tag-alongs with family who invited us.  In my head I was thinking, "If my kids are as gorgeous as these score cards say they are...someone should be paying for the photo shoot, or paying me...LOL!"  The whole experience was fun, nonetheless, but honestly, I think EVERY child makes it through to the photo shoot, as long as you are willing to pay the big bucks.

0 comments: