Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Meaningful Christmas

Last year, I was invited to A Meaningful Christmas party, but accidentally deleted the email for no reason whatsoever. After seeing all the pictures from last year, and knowing what an obvious legacy it would leave behind, I knew I had to host a party this year.

Brittney Poe and Carrie Rogers are two girls from around the North Texas area that wrote a kid-friendly devotional to go along with a specific ornament for each day.  I sent an email out to moms and future moms that I knew would want to do something like this with me.  It isn't an easy feat to make 24 of the same ornament, but I knew we'd all see the fruit of our labor at the party.  I got my group together pretty fast in the month of September, so everyone would have plenty of time, without being stressed out, to complete their ornaments.

Tonight was the big night I had been waiting for, and let me just tell you, the girls that came to my party were super talented and made the cutest ornaments...I was so impressed. My friends, although strangers to each other, came tonight for one, unified purpose; to teach our children about the Lord. I invited friends from college, church, Bible study, school, and some of them I knew as students from my very first teaching job in Community ISD.  We are all so excited to start on December 1st with Day 1.  I plan on hosting another party in the near future so Jaxon and his future wife can have their own set.  Let the legacy begin...









Two of my sweet friends couldn't come, but dropped off their ornaments, Stephanie Kaiser and Mandy Bourland


0 comments: